Music Technology, Audio Engineering, and Composition
More than 6 years of professional experience with sound recording, mixing, mastering, sound design & synthesis, composition, editing, production, and music technology. Stellar organizational and planning skills, as demonstrated in successful event planning and record label operations experience. Gained extensive experience communicating with vendors, clients, and event support personnel.
Areas of Expertise
- Audio Production
- Sound Design & Synthesis
- Strategic Planning/Analysis
- Audio Engineering
- Music Composition
- Contract Negotiations
- Instructional Design
- Music Technology
- Audio Editing
- Field Audio Recording
- Entertainment Business
Formal Education & Training
Master of Science, Music Technology at Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis (IUPUI). Indianapolis, IN.
Bachelor of Science, Liberal Studies with Areas of Emphasis in Music and Recording Industry Music and Psychology Minor at Middle Tennessee State University. Murfreesboro, TN.
Certifications: Ableton Live Specialist, Professional Music Production, Live Sound & Acoustics, Steve Vai Guitar Techniques, General Music Studies at Berklee College of Music. Boston, MA.
2012 – 2015
Sound Design & Synthesis Certification Program at Dubspot. New York, NY.
Advanced Social Media Strategy Certification at Newhouse School Syracuse University. Syracuse, NY.
Social Marketing Certification at Hootsuite Media. Online.
Freelance (Atlanta, GA)
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer, Composer, Performer, Music Technologist, Instructor, Consultant
- Recording, mixing, mastering, processing, editing, composition, audio post-production, sound design, and synthesis.
- Film Audio – scoring & composition, sound design & foley, studio and on set audio, voiceover, foley.
- Live performances as a DJ and live musician since 2010.
- Private lessons & creation of learning materials – music production, audio engineering, composition, music technology.
- Music & Entertainment Industry Consultant – production, composition, mixing, mastering, brand development, content creation, marketing and more.
Jan 2011 – Present
Vivid Kind (Atlanta, GA)
Music and Art Collective Founder
- Oversee brand operations, develop and execute marketing plans, organize releases, coordinate with graphic designers for artwork, procure visual art for promotion, update release catalog, assign ISRC codes, and edit metadata
- Execute all day-t0-day management duties including, but not limited to, digital distribution, contractual arrangements, artist coordination, and public relations
- Design and maintain website, SEO, content development, and content marketing
- Perform all public relations required to promote artists
- Graphic design with Adobe Photoshop
Nov 2015 – Jan 2018
Billionaires Records (Remote – Charlotte, NC)
Record Label Manager (Jan 2015 – Nov 2015)
Artist & Repertoire Manager (April 2014 – Dec 2014)
- Directed record label operations, developed marketing plans and organized releases
- Coordinated with graphic designers for release artwork
- Maintained release catalog, assigned ISRC codes, and edited metadata
- Musical talent acquisition
April 2014 – Nov 2015
The Hunter Creative (Remote – Charlotte, NC)
Director of Operations (Aug 2015 – Nov 2015)
Digital Marketing Manager (May 2015 – Aug 2015)
- Managed social media by capturing fans’ attention with exploits of the company.
- Managed social media accounts of clients.
- Handled the blog writing, highlighting upcoming releases and performances.
- Created and executive overall marketing plan.
- Lead the marketing efforts in graphic design and client relations.
May 2015 – Nov 2015
WGHR (Southern Polytechnic State University Radio Station) (Marietta, GA)
- Managed day-to-day operations
- Performed equipment repair and maintenance
- Organized public events
- Scheduled radio programming and hosting disc jockeys
Aug 2009 – May 2011
Ableton Live, 2012 – Present
Avid Pro Tools, 2013 – Present
Adobe Photoshop, 2008 – Present
Working Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, 2017 – Present
Working Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, 2017 – Present
ScreenFlow, 2014 – Present
Cordova & xCode for application packaging, 2017 – Present
Ableton Push 2, 2017 – Present
Panasonic GH4 Camera, 2017 – Present
Hardware Audio Synthesizers, 2015 – Present
Music/Audio Studio Equipment, 2014 – Present
Cycling74’s Max7 2017 – Present
Working knowledge of algorithmic processes for computer music applications, 2017 – Present
WordPress & WordPress Plugins, 2015 – Present
iOS Application Development & Launch, 2017 – Present
HTML and CSS Programming, 2016 – Present
Working Knowledge of Web Audio API, 2016 – Present
Working Knowledge of Python, 2018 – Present
Search Engine Optimization, 2015 – Present
Contract Negotiations, 2014 – Present
Event promotions, artist bookings, and event & stage management, 2011 – Present
Working knowledge of Videography, 2017 – Present
Google Analytics, 2016 – Present
User Interface and User Experience Design, 2017 – Present